December 16, 2010

Update on Splenda

Splenda was a handful trying to get her into the carrier to the vet, and at the vets they had to put her under general anesthesia to be able to check her out and give her vaccinations.

But she is healthy!  She tested negative for FIV and Leukemia and heart worm.

She has been acting funny since she got back though, barely eating, limping on and off, and just not her usual active self (hiding out all day) so I may have to take her back to the vet next week :(  I'm worried about her.  She's sweet as anything when I try and pet her, doesn't fuss with me at all and sometimes even starts with her quiet-as-anything purr.  I am hoping it was side effects from the vaccines but I thought she'd cheer up by now.  So we will see!

The strays who are still outside have been doing fine.  Sugar, Milk, and Marx are living under the neighbors house in the crawlspace and come to greet me most nights when I get home.  Cici is mainly on the porch still.  Haven't seen as much of Cream or Brownie the past few days, though Cream was coming more regularly last week.

Hopefully it warms back up some for them soon!

~Kakers

No comments:

Post a Comment