September 16, 2010

oh where or where did they go?

No sign of the kittens these past 2 days and I am pretty positive they are no longer hiding out where they were.  I had left some kibble for them yesterday, it was still there this evening so I know they aren't there or they'd have eaten it.  Milk is still showing up for her food, so I doubt they are far away.  But I miss them, I was hoping to get them more socialized so I could see about adopting them out.  Not sure if Milk moved them, or if the neighbors are doing something with them.  I doubt the second, from conversations with one of them about Milks previous litter (that included Sugar and Splenda) and how one froze over the winter.  If they left them be over the winter we had, they aren't doing anything with these kittens now with it nice out.

Splenda continues to assert my belonging to her.  When I get home from work I usually will park my car, and open the door to say hi to the kitties before I gather my things and get out of the car.  Well, yesterday I must have been taking too long for dear Splenda, and she jumped into my car right up onto my lap. I can hardly believe this was the same cat that would hardly come NEAR me even for food would hang back until I went away.  Now here she is rubbing herself all over me, following me in my house, and jumping into my lap in my car.  She was the one I thought "oh she is such a pretty cat, but she seems too skittish to be friendly it's a shame." Now here she is proving me wrong!

~Kakers

No comments:

Post a Comment