November 6, 2010

New Kitten!!!

What a surprise today!!!  I went outside to feed the kitties and found this little guy hanging out with them!


It's an orange tabby kitten.  Must be only a few months old, since it is so small.  I wonder in fact if it may be one of Splenda's kittens, but you just never know.  Here's some closer looks!







Such a sweet little thing!  A bit skittish of course- but he'd run back in our direction after running off.  I'm not sure I'll see much more of the thing. It seemed to be ignoring most of the food after Marx decided to eat most of the kitten food I put out on the side step.  Brownie was out today, so Marx was staying as far away from him as he could.  I kept trying to put out food to distract the big kitties so I could put some out separate for the kitten.  It didn't work, well it DID but once it did the kitten ignored the food I put out for him and came back to the group.

Really don't know for sure that it's a he, it very well could be a she. Goodness knows I couldn't get close enough to tell.

I'm not too confident that he will be back.  The other kitties all circled the poor thing surrounded him under my car and ambushed him.  He came back, but they ran him off eventually.  Mostly Splenda and Marx though Sugar and CiCi and well- all of them except maybe Brownie ambushed the poor thing under the car.  It's possible that some were just innocently trying to check him out but it sure looked like ganging up to me!

Anyways got some pictures of a few of the other cats, too.   New camera make's them all look better ;)

Marx and Splenda: when I was trying to keep them separate from the kitten (he was behind me):

And Sugar when I was trying to keep HIM away from the kitten... he's trying to look all innocent:

~Kakers

No comments:

Post a Comment